MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changes in Author Info area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got some custom user fields that I want to display in the author information area (the top portion of each thread starter and each reply).

For example, let's say I have a weight and height custom field for each user. I want that info to automatically display in the 'header' section of each post/reply along with their username, Avatar, post count, etc...

Can anyone lead me in that direction.

Also as another desire... Is there a way to have that section (I'll call it the author information area) 'moved' to the left in a column instead of having it on top of the post ?

Thanks for any assistance I can get on this.

~runner

(2012-12-05, 03:55 AM)runnerb0y Wrote: [ -> ]I've got some custom user fields that I want to display in the author information area (the top portion of each thread starter and each reply).

For example, let's say I have a weight and height custom field for each user. I want that info to automatically display in the 'header' section of each post/reply along with their username, Avatar, post count, etc...

Can anyone lead me in that direction.

Also as another desire... Is there a way to have that section (I'll call it the author information area) 'moved' to the left in a column instead of having it on top of the post ?

Thanks for any assistance I can get on this.

~runner
After doing some more reading, I gather that what I called the "Author Information Area" is really called the Postbit.

Is there a way to include some/all of the custom user fields I've created in that postbit area?

Also, I've played around with the Show Thread Options in the Admin CP and even when I select the "Display posts using the classic layout" it doesn't change the postbits to be displayed on the lefthand margin of the post/reply. Is this a bug, it seems pretty straight forward.

Thanks!
Since 1/2 of this thread is solved and I've not seen any action on the other half, I'll consider this question closed and open a new one about the part that hasn't been addressed.

Thanks!
For point 3 regarding the postbit classic, you have to enable it personally in the User COntrol panel too.
(2012-12-06, 03:50 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]For point 3 regarding the postbit classic, you have to enable it personally in the User COntrol panel too.

Thanks for the help. Another user pointed me in that same direction. Can you mark this thread closed? I tried but it won't seem to let me.