MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change top left logo url
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes i hunted until i found the right part of the template & i made the change manually .

In my case i changed the top left logo url so it pointed back to the main website instead of the forum index .

For want of a better description - it seemed a bit of a long way for a shortcut and without doubt it would be much better if there was a option in the board settings / change menu that allowed the user to change the logo url to whatever they want .

My guess is that the main reason so many newbie websites open their forum in a new window is because there isnt a option to easily change the logo url that would in turn take them back to the main website .

(having the back to main website link at the bottom is silly)

While this thread should in theory go in the suggestions section - perhaps the newbie users would like to comment if they think this would be a good idea for the next version of mybb .

As a php scripter myself it would probably be about 10 minutes work for the author(s) .

- add a option in the board settings / change menu

- change one line of the header template to suit

When in rome .....

The forced grey padding around the padding is shocking and the author(s) of mybb have opted for effect rather than usability .

99% of all websites dont use that sort of padding effect and to include it as a default is silly .

Honest feedback isnt always wanted or desired as plain truth often hurts if you have a fragile ego - make of the above what you will .
I really don't think this is to much of a problem, I haven't seen many request on how to change the link of the logo. It might be a good tutorial or something, but I personaly like it to go to the forumhome instead of my main site.