MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there any problem with MYBB forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys,

I need to ask, is there any problem with MYBB forums?

I built a forum (that is already been hacked due to my mistakes) through MYBB, it sometimes says, "Too many mybb_connections" and I can't open the website for 2-5 minutes.

I need to ask, do you guys also face this problem. If not, please help me how can I improve mybb connections on the website?

Here is my website: http://www.vrlegends.com

Thanks
It's your host problem (limiting the number of connections), not MyBB.
The problem is too many people are trying to connect to your forum at once and hitting the maximum number of connections limit. This isn't a MyBB issue, rather, a host issue. You can ask them nicely to increase the limit, but if they refuse, you may need to ultimately move hosts.
As mentioned above, it's the connection limit.

I see your using BlueHost via Justhost which is probably the issue, they offer "unlimited" specs however they are very quick at limiting CPU etc.
Get rid of the shoutbox, That'll free up a couple of connections, and make the threshold less frequent
(2012-12-05, 11:43 PM)Verror Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned above, it's the connection limit.

I see your using BlueHost via Justhost which is probably the issue, they offer "unlimited" specs however they are very quick at limiting CPU etc.

Exactly. I'm using that... I'll call her and ask them to increase the user limit or buy Pro account. Will this be a good move?

(2012-12-05, 11:46 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of the shoutbox, That'll free up a couple of connections, and make the threshold less frequent

Sir, I can't remove the Shoutbox. It is necessary requirement of this website Sad