MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums show up in ACP but not on forum?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, something seems to be seriously wrong with neopian-hosting, so I am creating a backup forum on Freehostia.

I got my old datebase from Firefox forums up. The forums show in the admin cp when you go to create a new forum, but they will not show up when you click manage forums, or go to the main forum index!

Whats the deal? I'm confused!
Did you set them to act as forums? If not, they might be set as categories without any forums and therefore (I think) invisible.

Another thing to make sure of is if the forum is active. "If no, the forum will not be shown to any users and will 'not exist'"

Both of those things can be found under ACP->manage forums->[forum name]edit button

The last thing I can think of to check would be the forum permissions. If your permissions are set so that nobody can view the forum, then it won't show up.
That's the problem. They DON'T show up under Manage forums!!!
There may be an error with your database? Use PHPMyAdmin to inspect it. Compare the rows that have forums that are working in the forums database table with the ones that don't. You might find some error.
I looked at the _forums table, and I saw nothing wrong!!! Sad
Go into the cache manager and update the cache forums. See if that fixes your problem.
Michael83 Wrote:Go into the cache manager and update the cache forums. See if that fixes your problem.

Big Grin It worked! Now all the forums appear! I'll finish the database now, and let you know if I have anymore problems! Toungue

* FirefoxWiz knocks herself in the head and says "Why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks!
Ok, one more problem so far.

I tried doing my Mybb_users table, and keep getting this error:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Any ideas??
GGGGGRRRRRR

I'm about to smash my computer...

I did the mybb_threads and mybb_posts tables, clicked on a thread, and it said it doesn't exist! .......
Have you restored all your data to the database, and uploaded the same files (with any modifications that you've applied at the time of backup) to the new server?
Pages: 1 2 3