MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help installing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sorry, But Im using a free host (byethost) and I have my database set up, and all that. My ftp set up. But I cant instal it. it just keeps freezing and my slot on the server keeps crashing Sad. So if anypne is willing to install it for me it would be great! If you do, please go to the htdocs folder (that becomes blobo.byethost32.com domain so the installation directory would be blobo.byethost32.com/forum/install.php) So ya. If you get to an advert page dont fret jut check the domain. it may be spelled wrong. Anyway, please install it for me. Im, using smartftp or whatever you want. So just tell me if you are up to it and I will pm you my details. Also, I HAVE checked the wiki MANY times. So dont give me a link to that. I just need someone willing to install it.
uhhh, anyone there?Sad
Uh, just a question! You don't have anything on your root index! Have you had trouble uploading anything, let alone the forum software? If so, then this might be the problem of your host (or your ftp software), not necessarily mybb! If that is the case, no one will be able to upload anything to your site! Might want to look into that before worrying about this software! Try just uploading a regular index.html page to your main site! If that's successful, let us know!
Ok then, my root index IS my htdocs folder. that is the folder that turns into the website and I have a folder in there. so it would be blobo.byethost32.com/forum/install.php but it wont work for me. So if anyone could install it it would be very nice of you. So if you are up to it I will pm you my details. and you must NOT mess with my account. Or you will die....lol jk.
well, my point is that if you upload to the forum directory but don't put anything in your main directory *blobo.byethost32.com* then no one will be able to get there from your main site. If you're going to make your forum your main page, then you need to forget about the /forum directory and just upload to your root directory. You need to try to upload something to just your root directory, not the forum directory! If you can't do that, you can't expect anyone here to upload for you! That would be an ongoing thing, which no one here will be willing to take on...at least I'm pretty sure they won't! Big Grin Seems like there is a general problem with uploading, not just the mybb files...So again, can you create a basic index.html file and try to upload it to your root folder (htdocs)?
I DID! I have seen others upload for others here...so why cant you just install it for me? I just cant get the chmod right, ive tried EVERY possible permission possible for php enableing. And it WILL NOT work! So please, just help me with it. Ive check over the wili MANY times. and it will not work.
You did what? Tried to upload an index.html file to your root? Cause there's nothing there! I can take a look, if you want, but I can't guarantee anything...and the wiki won't help you if you can't even upload anything!! CHMOD isn't important for html files. So if you tell me that you can't upload ANYTHING, then you have more serious problems!
uhh....you dont underatnds..Id what im saying is that the instalscript wont runjust goes to my advert page. So lemme pm you the details for my ftp setup. and go into the forum directory..PLEASE. I know it works, it did for phpbb (which stinks). So PLEASE install it in that directory.just makesure the installation script runs. I can do all the rest. Thank you. I just need you to chmod the right files, and then get it right I have my database and phpmyadmin all set up and everything I just need someone to put the files in my server right.
OK, you have all the files uploaded, including the install directory, and instead of it running, it goes to your advert page (I just tried it myself and went to that page as well).

Hmm...well, like I said, I could take a look but can't guarantee anything! If it's over my head, I'm sure someone here with more experience can help!
also, for byethost, the htdocs folder is my root folder. It just doesnt show it. so instead of blobo.byethost32.com/htdocs/forum/install.php its blobo.byethost32.com/forum/install.php
Pages: 1 2