MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] MRPG Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-12-11, 03:44 AM)asifnur Wrote: [ -> ]LOOKS AWESOME!
Are you planning to release this for free (PLEASE TELL ME YESSad ) ?
If so, when are you planning to release this epic theme?Heart
Hahah thanks Heart
I will release a theme that will be based on this, a template that will be free to use, edit and redistribute but it can take some time until it's done...

offtopic:
my servers hard drives broke (both of em >_>) and I had no database dump but was able to backup all physical data. I was trying the past days to figure out how to restore the databases but sadly I couldn't figure out how to.
I guess I will just start from scratch but yeah...
If anyone knows a solution, I'd be glad to hear it.
(2012-12-11, 08:11 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-11, 03:44 AM)asifnur Wrote: [ -> ]LOOKS AWESOME!
Are you planning to release this for free (PLEASE TELL ME YESSad ) ?
If so, when are you planning to release this epic theme?Heart
Hahah thanks Heart
I will release a theme that will be based on this, a template that will be free to use, edit and redistribute but it can take some time until it's done...

offtopic:
my servers hard drives broke (both of em >_>) and I had no database dump but was able to backup all physical data. I was trying the past days to figure out how to restore the databases but sadly I couldn't figure out how to.
I guess I will just start from scratch but yeah...
If anyone knows a solution, I'd be glad to hear it.

Oh yeahhh I am excited ^-^ ..

How long will it take you? Please don't tell me over a month ._.
Not bad, but it doesn't mrpgish new colors!
(2012-12-12, 03:56 AM)xDizzy Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't mrpgish new colors!

huh? I'm not sure what you mean but like I already said it will be very easy to change/add color - best case from the front end.
(2012-12-12, 11:33 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-12, 03:56 AM)xDizzy Wrote: [ -> ]it doesn't mrpgish new colors!

huh? I'm not sure what you mean but like I already said it will be very easy to change/add color - best case from the front end.

Ah, ok then.. Ya sorry i didn't see that
(2012-12-12, 03:16 AM)asifnur Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeahhh I am excited ^-^ ..

How long will it take you? Please don't tell me over a month ._.
Sorry but I can't tell you exactly when.
I'm pretty ambitious about looks and features, so I rather take the time I need to do everything properly instead releasing something I'm not happy with. I'll release it when I feel like it's "done".
Thanks for your interest Smile
Minimalism without soul. It's bland, not "simple." There's nothing unique or captivating here.
(2012-12-12, 08:09 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Minimalism without soul. It's bland, not "simple."

No soul, ok but I truly put my heart in it and some people may look for this kind of theme, no?

Facebook is much like this, or Google+.
For me these websites are masterpieces, I like how they look sexy with minimal afford. I wonder if you miss the "soul" in these aswell?

(2012-12-12, 08:09 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]There's nothing unique or captivating here.
What will make it "unique" in the MyBB theme zone is that it's sleek as XenForo. I really miss this, MyBB is sooo overloaded with stuff no one needs. Of course it's up to the admin to decide if he wants that, but the fact that you see tons of people changing to XenForo - well it gotta come from somewhere and if you ask me this is mainly due to the better default template.
I wanna make better templates that others can edit to their wishes and redistribute.
I'm certainly a fan of stripping out the cruft – check out my MyBB Humanization Project for examples. I basically ripped out the User CP among other things.

Comparing your design to Google+ or Facebook is pretty bold. (Also, I wouldn't consider Facebook minimal.) There's a world of difference between thoughtful minimalism and simply removing design elements, and you've done the latter IMO. You've missed a lot of little details like padding, image alignments, borders, and it ends up being both bland and also difficult to read.

Don't trust try to copy XenForo's approach – discover why you like it and work towards elaborating on those ideas.
(2012-12-13, 01:38 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]I'm certainly a fan of stripping out the cruft – check out my MyBB Humanization Project for examples. I basically ripped out the User CP among other things.
Yeah I've seen it. Good work. Smile
(2012-12-13, 01:38 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing your design to Google+ or Facebook is pretty bold. (Also, I wouldn't consider Facebook minimal.) There's a world of difference between thoughtful minimalism and simply removing design elements, and you've done the latter IMO. You've missed a lot of little details like padding, image alignments, borders, and it ends up being both bland and also difficult to read.
Please keep in mind that the theme is far from done and that I'm very new to HTML, CSS and PHP, I am using this project to get better at it. I'm slow because I have to figure out how to do stuff. But Borders? Where you miss borders? Image alignment? What images do you mean? It's 98% CSS.
(2012-12-13, 01:38 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Don't trust try to copy XenForo's approach – discover why you like it and work towards elaborating on those ideas.
I'm trying to do that.

And thanks, this time you posted some useful feedback instead just bashing it and hurting my feelings... Rolleyes
Pages: 1 2 3