MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting tables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I am using MyBB to keep club members informed of regular competition results.
The results are prepared using excell or could be in a table in a word document.
When cutting and pasting into a mybb thread the tables lose their formatting and the results do not read correctly.
Is there any way to cut and paste from excell/word etc and return the column/row postions of the content so it displays correctly as a results table.
TY
Sponner.
If you allow to use HTML you can insert the tables. The problem is that the HTML code created by Word or Excel is crap so you should use an editor like NVU.
Another solution is to attach the documents.
Michael83 Wrote:If you allow to use HTML you can insert the tables. The problem is that the HTML code created by Word or Excel is crap so you should use an editor like NVU.
Another solution is to attach the documents.

Thanks for the reply, html sounds like the way to go as the readers are not especially computer lieterate. Neither am I, clearly, as I cannot find where to enable/disable the use if html in posts. I am a new user and have the lastest version of myBB.
ta.
Spon.
In ACP -> Forum Management -> Manage Forums -> *Forum Name* -> Edit

Find 'Allow HTML' and set it to yes.
Note that if you enable this, any user with posting privileges on that forum will be able to post any* HTML code.

*Note: some HTML are removed such as Javascripts, etc, but this doesn't prevent people from oddly modifying the page via other HTML codes