MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: File size changed, still cannot upload
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

We have set the jpeg to 50 MB in the Attachment Types, yet a 2 MB file cannot be attached. Any reason for this?

We also even tried to zip the file, still it would not be attached. Yes, we have also modified the .zip extension to allow 5MB.

Any ideas why the files are not being attached? It's allowing SMALLER File sizes.
Go into your Admin-CP and take a look at the php info. Search for an entry called upload_max_filesize. What is it set to?
yeah i have the same problem there... I just ignore it cause I couldn't figure it out... I just looked at my PHP Info upload_max_filesize is set at 2M But is there anyway you can change the filesize on that cause i want to extend it to at least 10M.
Contact your host, they might be able to change this for you.

If your on a lunix system and your host supports .htaccess, you might be in luck. Open notepad and paste the following and save as .htaccess and upload to your server.
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
Christian Wrote:Contact your host, they might be able to change this for you.

If your on a lunix system and your host supports .htaccess, you might be in luck. Open notepad and paste the following and save as .htaccess and upload to your server.
php_value upload_max_filesize 10M

thanks it worked
Michael83 Wrote:Go into your Admin-CP and take a look at the php info. Search for an entry called upload_max_filesize. What is it set to?

Hi Michael,

You're RIGHT! Smile

It says: upload_max_filesize 2M 2M in the phpinfo (upload_max_filesize)

I did what Christian said, but that did not work.

I'll contact my host and will let you all know the outcome.

Thanks for your help.
IPN Wrote:I did what Christian said, but that did not work.

I'll contact my host and will let you all know the outcome.

Yes, unfortunately, my solution does not work on all systems. Contacting your host is your best bet. Best of luck! Smile
Hi all,

OK, I got it to work, here's some information for others to benefit also:

There are two variables within your php.ini file that are responsible for managing user file uploads.

post_max_size This variable determines the maximum amount of data that PHP will accept in a single form submission using the POST method. Its default value is 8 MB, as shown below:
post_max_size = 8M
upload_max_filesize This variable limits the size of an invidivual file uploaded to your site. Its default value is 2 MB, as shown below:
upload_max_filesize = 2M

In my case, I had to modify the php.ini file by simply adding this code to it:
upload_max_filesize = 10M

Thanks again.