MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: encoding inconsistence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have version 1.6.8 installed, and I'm still working on settings before I open the forum.

I set the default language to be Portuguese-Brazil

I tried to change the contents of the Terms of Use, but after I did it, all text inside the member.lang.php started to show funny signs where the special characters of the language should be.

SAMPLE:
Quote:Ao se registrar, voc� concorda em s� postar material ver�dico, que respeite valores morais e �ticos, que seja respeitoso aos outros e em linguagem civilizada e educada, al�m de respeitar as leis vigentes.

I was changing the contents of the Terms of Use (member.lang.php) through CP (Admin panel). They show ok if I open the /inc/languages/portugues_brasil/member.lang.php itself, though...

Also, if I force the browser to read the page as 'Ocidental (ISO-8859-41), the "Terms of Use" content text becomes ok, but the rest of the forum text becomes funny instead...

Any idea how to fix this? It should be encoded as UTF-8 all over, I don't know why it's different from the rest of the forum...

Confused

Anyone, help please???? Huh
over 110 views and not one single answer... Sad
You should edit the file with Notepad++ using UTF8 without BOM option. Grab yourself a new copy of the language file and give it another go. Also you should update to MyBB 1.6.9.
Thank you Kaeden! Shy

I have just updated to MyBB 1.6.9 and it messed the theme completely, it just won't show anymore... Dodgy It goes back to the default, even if I try to force the theme on users.

So I guess I'll just have to give up on the theme. I am trying other themes and I have managed to change the text through CP and it worked well, as it should... Go figure...Confused I guess it's something inside the theme code then...

(2012-12-16, 06:16 PM)Kaeden Wrote: [ -> ]You should edit the file with Notepad++ using UTF8 without BOM option. Grab yourself a new copy of the language file and give it another go. Also you should update to MyBB 1.6.9.