MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to transfer MyBB installation with a ton of plugins into a new install?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-12-08, 09:23 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]That'd be little difficuilt as the plugins may have created several columns/fields/tables everywhere. Your best bet would be to do what I said, and then prune the things you don't need, for example posts/threads.

Or creating from scratch would be a hard and tedious task.

sad face... yea I just don't know how else to remove all the junk files from the old plugins and the other thing is it was originally a 1.6.4 or 1.6.5 install that during MyBB upgrades old files were somehow not removed by the upgrades a couple times... so I ended up having to manually delete over 30 obsolete MyBB files (and that was only in the MyBB root dir) so I'm sure I missed a quite a few.. so I have to deal with...
I have not tried this - and you might want to check it first - but can you do as crazy4cs said, make a backup of the database. Then...go to new host

Install MyBB 1.6.8 from scratch.
Install the plugins you want (redownload if necessary)
Upload your theme files to the server (images etc)
Copy your old uploads folder across (with all attachments and avatars)
Then - drop the newly created database and then upload your old db.
Copy across old settings.php
(2012-12-08, 09:41 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Copy across old settings.php
That just might be the step I'm missing, thank you!
Pages: 1 2