MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Syntax Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea right lol, syntax error my rear end.

Can anyone see the syntax error here because for the life of me I cannot see it.

if($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1 || $mybb->user['ismoderator'] && $mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'])
{
	// Code here........		
}
Because no such thing such as $mybb->user['ismoderator'] . There is $mybb->usergroup['issupermod'] though.

I might be wrong here though.

Try that.
What lol

Yes there is, this is a "Syntax" error, I can put $mybb->user['fyugryuebfberfbweyiruiu'] if I want to.

Syntax error means theres a bracket or something stupid like that missing.
I know, I was just hitting my shot. Where is the code that you found, any file or such? global.php?

Okay, try this?

if(($mybb->usergroup['cancp'] == 1 || $mybb->user['ismoderator']) && $mybb->usergroup['canmodcp'])
{
    // Code here........        
} 
PHP isn't always too great at getting line numbers correct when showing error messages. it could be a syntax error somewhere near that code rather than that code itself.

Saying that, I would certainly clean up that if statement anyway using brackets. Currently it's hard to tell what the actual logic of the operation is.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-116961.html

That's something I believe he's talking about.