MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What goes hide links in config.php file mean
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What goes hide links in config.php file mean and is it ok if i don't keep the config.php written anymore?
(2012-12-08, 10:12 PM)Joker552 Wrote: [ -> ]What goes hide links in config.php file mean and is it ok if i don't keep the config.php written anymore?

I didn''t get what you are asking. Care to elaborate a little further and try to be as clear as possible.
@OP I believe that Hide Links hides the Admin CP link on your welcomeblock.

As for your second question, don't delete config.php. It contains db connection information which is critical for MyBB to run correctly. An analogy is if MyBB is a car, then config.php is the car keys - without config.php, MyBB can't start.
(2012-12-08, 11:59 PM)Seabody Wrote: [ -> ]@OP I believe that Hide Links hides the Admin CP link on your welcomeblock.

As for your second question, don't delete config.php. It contains db connection information which is critical for MyBB to run correctly. An analogy is if MyBB is a car, then config.php is the car keys - without config.php, MyBB can't start.

Thanks and for the second question I mean like what happens if I change the permissions to not writeable. In my ACP it says it's writeable