MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Closed Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I got a LOT of people posting foreign advertisements in my boards so I closed them using "Board Online / Offline" settings.

Now that I go back in and select "Board Closed NO" the boards will not open up. It still says that the boards are closed.

What's weird is, if I click "View new Posts" I get in, but the index page still shows that the boards are closed.

Can anyone help me? This used to work and now it doesn't, and yet I haven't made any changes nor installed anything since.

Thanks

Scaf
You can't close them and expect for others to see it, only the administrator can see the board when it is closed. If you're getting spam then try using some spam plugins (I would recommend Register Security Question and using odd-questions and answers).
I don't think I'm explaining it right then.

I shut the boards down and then after a few days I opened them back up again, but after I selected NO for Board Closed, the boards are still closed.

The boards are supposed to now be open but the index page still shows they are closed.
Please post an admin login in the Pirvate Inquiries forum with a link back to this thread so that we know what its about.
Try deleting ./inc/settings.php, it may be a caching issue.
(2012-12-09, 05:25 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting ./inc/settings.php, it may be a caching issue.

That was it! Thank you, Nathan.
In that case, chmod ./inc/settings.php to 755 to prevent this from happening in the future. Smile
Shouldn't need 755, just 666 I would think... no need to have execute permissions on it.
(2012-12-09, 09:47 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Shouldn't need 755, just 666 I would think... no need to have execute permissions on it.

You're right; I was thinking about directories. Smile