MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want to add a new button like where u type stuff in a new thread ( where the post icons are) i want a button si it adds certain text to the textbox automatically.... like forexample if i press the "B" it types [b] ...it dosnt HAVe to be there i like it if it is but if its not possible i wanna know how i can do it with html or java or php or any other language....

thanks
I know it's possible. But unfortunately, I believe the entire code for the bar is now contained within the Javascript file as opposed to the template editor, which I know I would like to see changed back for future versions. The file I believe you would have to edit for this is:

/jscripts/editor.js

Unfortunately, my only experience working with this file was limited to trying to figure out how to change the buttons, but they made it into CSS, which prevented me a bit from putting custom buttons in templates. Just search for the buttons in the file (ie: bold) and you should come across the area of the file you would need to edit. Anything beyond that you might need to get a developer into the topic to help you out.
hmm what if i have a window that moves as u scroll down ( so it has nothing to do with the forum besides that when clicked it has to enter text inside the textbox) ?hmmm is there another word for this? so i can search
what about adding more content where u make a new thread or reply? like underneath the smilies table