MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to disable the data cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since 1.2 there's a pseudo UTF-8 support which with some code alterations I've made almost complete (there's a topic about that). But the dev. server I've made changes on was with PHP 5.1 and MySQL 5.0. When I uploaded the whole bunch on the hosting server I was greeted by an empty forum. It turned out PHP 4.4 & Mysql 4.1 have problems with forum's data caching functions. They're set and do support utf-8, but the caching itself is not compatible, which unfort. this time I don't have free weekends to fix. Switching from db to filesystem method made the matters worse - forum refuses login and browse at all...

As I do want to make it working ASAP, I preffer to disable the caching (at least for forum's data), no matter the performance penalties, rather than seeking the bugs out and having no forum for several days...

The cache is being reported as empty all the time (though its data is present but corrupted)...

EDIT: Just found that you still use sprintf Sad Probably this is the reason for all my troubles...
Are you talking about the caches in the database table mybb_datacache?
I noticed that when I click "log out" I'm still logged in! Then I click it a dozen times, still I'm logged in. I think there's a caching issue here. How to fix so there's NO caching?

Thanks
The cache doesn't store if your logged in or logged out Toungue Your cookies simply havn't been set right so they're not being removed properly.
add this to $header in admin cp> edit templates

<head>put code here</head>
<meta cache controll= "no cache">

i think this is what you are talking about
I'm sorry, I didn't get notified about your answers so I didn't clearify sooner, what was I asking about Sad

The problem was with forum's data cache in DB which has been corrupted in my forum by some of my patches and some bugs/incompatibilities with utf-8 and php4. It turned out eventually you can't disable caching as the whole MyBB relies on it Sad So I had to stick to cp-1251 encapsulated in latin1 in order to bypass all the problems with cyrillic support there were in my situation. I just hope 1.22 finally solves out the utf-8 support (though it's pointless anymore to migrate)...
UTF-8 support won't be fixed until 1.4 because we're working on a better change for multibyte/UTF-8 compatibility so we can hopefully support more servers.