MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Scrolling div box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a script that will make a div container follow up and down as a user scrolls up and down the page. I basically want it to follow the user as they scroll.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks! Smile
Thank you very much!

Question for everyone:
Are these scrolling things annoying or time-saving?

I'm working on a mockup right now for a tool menu on the right hand side of forumdisplay and showthread. I'm thinking about adding a script like this, so the "toolbox" follows the user as they scroll.
I don't like sidebars. I'd prefer something like this to make it compact, but thats just me...

http://d2dnrmagaqciul.cloudfront.net/sam...index.html
I find scrolls annoying personally.
(2012-12-11, 02:48 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for a script that will make a div container follow up and down as a user scrolls up and down the page. I basically want it to follow the user as they scroll.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks! Smile

Couldn't you just use position:fixed; in the CSS?
The only thing useful to the user in that box is the "new reply", which most people don't even use as they have the quick reply option, so I think a following sidebar with that useless information will be more annoying than it would be useful.