MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change theme without using UCP.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was trying to register in a forum of another owner. The registration page gives us a really big problem. The CAPTCHA box does not appear. Instead some broken and invalid XML code comes up.

Screenshot

My Question is:

I doubt the default theme is causing the problem. Can you provide me any steps to change the theme to MyBB default theme without registering.
Not sure what your question is. Why not just contact the owner and have him sort it out?
Oh, sorry forgot to do that. Please check the first post again.
(2012-12-12, 10:04 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]My Question is:

I doubt the default theme is causing the problem. Can you provide me any steps to change the theme to MyBB default theme without registering.

Can you provide link of that forum? Smile
It is on IcyBoards, owned by spork985.

http://theawkardmoment.icyboards.net/index.php
(2012-12-12, 10:04 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt the default theme is causing the problem. Can you provide me any steps to change the theme to MyBB default theme without registering.

I don't think there is. The selected theme is linked to the user account, so trying to change your theme without an account would mean it would have nowhere to store the change. The theme selection is processed through the user CP files too, which have measures in place to make sure you're an authenticated user.

If the forum has the theme selection plugin (where a dropdown box appears at the bottom of the forum to select themes), I recall finding a bug that allowed you to switch to a theme even if you didn't have access to it, which could (though doubtfully) work.

But your best bet is just to let the owner know, it's his problem after all.
There is no way to change theme on that way. You have to register and after that to change. Or you can ask owner in this case spork to change it.
The forum is on a third party host, and the admin reports he cannot fix it.
(2012-12-12, 10:31 AM)ElectricShock Wrote: [ -> ]The forum is on a third party host, and the admin reports he cannot fix it.

So he owns a forum that he hasn't even got access to? Not even ACP?
No, he has full access to the ACP.
Pages: 1 2