MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Equinox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi there.

First off I ask that you be gentle, it's been a long time since I've done any design work - let alone MyBB - so my skills are a little rusty. This is a theme I was inspired for this morning. I drew a quick sketch on some paper and then transferred my ideas to Photoshop. This is the result so far. Original it was going to be Halo based, I scrapped that because I don't play Halo or anything so I had no connection with it. It was also supposed to be a surprise for the new year, hence "Equinox - first of the year". It will still be released on January 1 though [hopefully]. I need your opinion and feedback on the theme so far. All criticism is welcome as long as it's constructive. If you have any ideas for the tbody, please share. That is currently what I am stuck on. Let me know if you have any questions / suggestions. Smile

Suggested ideas:
  • Font and colour change
  • Welcomeblock re-arrange

Mockup: (13/12/12)
[attachment=28009]

I'm very aware that is it a dark theme. The style is an underground / gaming website, typically accessed at night time. It looks much better on a brighter screen. Wink

- Jordan.
I can understand darkness was the palette you were aiming for, but I think the darkness would get a little straining on the eyes after a while -- primarily the font coloring. It does have a real ambiance to it, though.

I guess the only suggestion I have is slightly lighter fonts to help the user distinguish between interactive elements and elements that aren't just part of the theme.

Looks good so far though; the flap for the user control box works really well. Actually, another small suggestion would be to not have the "Welcome, [name]" use the same background as the 'User CP' and 'Mod Controls' buttons, unless you plan on making it interactive too.
Thank you very much for the thoughts, I agree with them a lot. I think I'm going to delete all the instances of text and find a better font / colour to go with.

Thanks for the suggestion with the Welcomeblock too. I wasn't happy about that, so it's another thing to go back to the drawing board with.

I've added the updates to another version of the mockup. Let me know what you think. Smile
(2012-12-12, 01:53 PM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for the thoughts, I agree with them a lot. I think I'm going to delete all the instances of text and find a better font / colour to go with.

Thanks for the suggestion with the Welcomeblock too. I wasn't happy about that, so it's another thing to go back to the drawing board with.

I've added the updates to another version of the mockup. Let me know what you think. Smile

The theme is very nice man, Its good as a dark theme but it just needs to be a bit lighter, Radiant if you understand what I am getting at? It needs a sense that it is 'glowing' (In terms of the background especially).

Edit: Oh and also change the text as well, a lighter shade of grey and white for a:hover links would also be good.

Apart from that, its an excellent template, keep up the amazing work!
This one looks better Jordan.
Thank you for the comments. I've updated the original post with a new mockup. I scrapped the unibody design and segmented it off, tell me what you think. Smile
Looks great, I like dark themes especially, maybe you should add a width changer in USER CP or something?

Would look amazing!
That's actually what the little button with the two double arrows pointing each way are for. Smile
It looks pretty good, better than the first one.

Welcome back. Smile
Thank you very much. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4