MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Goodbye Spammer Moderation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a spammer come in on my board and I was notified by a user who reported his posts and I exterminated the user in question with Goodbye Spammer. After doing so, the reports were removed from the listing but the notification bar still persists. Is this a bug with MyBB or Goodbyespammer?
Rebuild the reported posts cache. It happens sometimes
Probably the update_reportedposts cache method needs to be ran after the reported posts deletion.
				case "deletereportedposts":
					$db->delete_query("reportedposts", "uid = '{$uid}'");
I think it also happens on standard MyBB Omar - I have seen it on my own board and I don't have Goodbye Spammer installed.

I can't remember when and it is quite rare - but is this how I knew how to "fix" the issue.
From a quick look, I think MyBB doesn't refresh the reported posts count upon post moderation (delete_thread/delete_post/merge_posts/split_posts), so maybe that is the issue for you?

MyBB logic is to mark the report as read before proceeding to moderating the post.
That could well be it - I see the report - go to comment - say GRR spam and DELETE it Big Grin I don't mark it as read as then it loses the link.