MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin] Prune Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin Name: Prune Members
Plugin Author: Jesse Labrocca
Plugin Website:  http://www.MybbCentral.com
Plugin Version: 1.0 Beta
Plugin Mybb Compatibility: 1.2
Plugin File Edits: None
Plugin File Uploads: 2
Plugin Description:  This will allow you to prune all inactive or zero post membersin the admincp with one button.

This was something that really bothered me about mybb..I couldn't mass delete or prune the memberlist.  

This is a pure 1.2 plugin (might work for 1.1 but that's untested) that requires no core file changes.

Installation is a breeze...

1. upload these 2 files from the zip

root/admin/prune.php
root/inc/plugins/prune_members.php

2. Login to your admincp and ACTIVATE the plugin (Prune Members) in the plugin manager.

3. You will see the new menu item called "Prune Members" under "Users and Usergroups".

The rest is self explantory.

Currently this is version 1.0 Beta.  It does NOT have language support. It is hard coded english.  Next update I will add language support.

Any suggestions on how to improve this plugin are welcome.  Some ideas I have are:

1.  adding stats to remember how many members were deleted
2.  adding a contact to email all unactive members that will also resend their validation email
3.  adding support for deletion by date

I also want to thank tikitiki for some assistance he gave me today.  Thank you sir.  This was my first admincp plugin but now that I am more familiar I hope to make more.

Thank you.

Download link
Probably you might want to show a list of users with a checkbox beside it.

E.g, you might want to have some users you don't want to prune them and then you can untick the checkbox and refrain from pruning that user but still prune other users.
xiaozhu Wrote:Probably you might want to show a list of users with a checkbox beside it.

E.g, you might want to have some users you don't want to prune them and then you can untick the checkbox and refrain from pruning that user but still prune other users.

Yes that's a good idea as well. This is normally handy to activate a group of people. But from my experience of having a forums with 20k members....by date is adequate enough. You can already manually activate members one at a time if needed. However when deleting members with zero posts...I don't tend to keep any of them.