MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help in making permanent changes to postbit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello , I am using f4a2 theme . i am also using force classic postbit plugin

i keep on making changes to postbit / postbit classic templates.

i dont know whats up with this theme or i am doing something wrong..

lets say for example i want to remove www button from postbit . so i go to postbit classic and postbit and remove that code from the f4a2 template. after saving that www button still remains there ... however when i do the same thing to default theme the button gets removed..

now whatever the changes i make to postbit and postbit classic in that theme they dont make changes at all. i tried deleting whole code from both the templates excep 1 or 2 random letters and i thought this would give error while opening forum or something.. no but the forum worked great with no changes whatsoever . but any changes made to other templates like postbit author user , it comes into effect right away . after trying for 20 times i gave up and i simply changed the theme to default and back to f42a theme the changes got applied .

i tried doing this the next time but it did not happen again tried for 20 times changing themes templates etc. and when i was about to give up hope i opened up default templates made changes and saved them from the drop down menu to f4a2 theme. and after applying the theme it worked beautifully..

now i am stuck again i have tried above methods at least 50 times now i am unable to make changes.. whatever i do with that code even save it as blank or with 1 or 2 letters it has no effect whatesover..

can someone please tell me the solution how can apply the postbit code permanently..

thanks

ohh my god 4000 views in 5 hours and no comment ?

well my purpose of this post was to let you know guys this is not a theme specific issue .. this issue is having in other themes also.. so please developers please tell the solution

thanks