MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add reputation when user creates a new post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can somebody help me figure out how I can add reputation points whenever a user creates a new post? I'm still learning PHP and I'm trying to add this feature on the forum I'm working on. The idea is this:
  • when user creates a post,
  • automatically add +2 points to his/her reputation points

The plugin, Reps on Registration (mods.mybb.com/view/reps-on-registration), is a great example of this idea.
You probably don't want to hear this, but it's a terrible idea. Post count is for posts. Rep is for being a HQ member.
Could a points plugin be a better alternative to what you are trying to achieve? Most points plugins have this functionality built right in.
(2012-12-15, 01:29 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Could a points plugin be a better alternative to what you are trying to achieve?

What point system plugin do you think would be best for this approach? I'm considering NewPoints (mods.mybb.com/view/newpoints), but I'd love to hear other recommendations. Smile

(2012-12-15, 01:23 AM)TheAuthoringBay Wrote: [ -> ]You probably don't want to hear this, but it's a terrible idea. Post count is for posts. Rep is for being a HQ member.

This is NOT a terrible idea! It wouldn't hurt to try and experiment on things to improve user-engagement on a forum.

I'm aware that post count is for number of posts. What I wanna do is reward my users with +2 reputation points whenever they create a post.