MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFXWorld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

GFX World is for those who love to design! Wither your just learning or a graphic guru, this websites for you. It has various sections for Tutorials, Graphic contests, RMG(rate my graphic), feedback, resources and much more. Members can also have sections added to our forum.

You can view our forum by going to www.gfxworld.co.uk. Please take 2minutes, not even, to have a look at our forum and maybe become a member of our community. It has not long launched, it has been up for about 8 hours.
Don't get me wrong, the theme is very nice and one of my favourite from Audentio, but I personally think if your forum is about graphic design, you should have a custom skin.

You also have 2 forums; Information and GFX World. I normally like to have at least 3 main forums; one for site information, one for niche content, and one for general/other discussions. I don't know why but any less just doesn't feel like a complete forum or community, but that's just me. Everything else seems fine, good domain name and good choice of categories. I notice it's a .co.uk, address, if so I assume you are a fellow Brit :p
(2012-12-16, 12:06 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, the theme is very nice and one of my favourite from Audentio, but I personally think if your forum is about graphic design, you should have a custom skin.

You also have 2 forums; Information and GFX World. I normally like to have at least 3 main forums; one for site information, one for niche content, and one for general/other discussions. I don't know why but any less just doesn't feel like a complete forum or community, but that's just me. Everything else seems fine, good domain name and good choice of categories. I notice it's a .co.uk, address, if so I assume you are a fellow Brit :p

He's a graphic designer, not a web designer.
The Adsense link color should blend in better with the theme.
(2012-12-16, 01:13 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-16, 12:06 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get me wrong, the theme is very nice and one of my favourite from Audentio, but I personally think if your forum is about graphic design, you should have a custom skin.

He's a graphic designer, not a web designer.

Yes, I understand there's a difference. But it's a design forum nonetheless. All I'm saying is, when I clicked the link and it was loading, I was wondering if a) the design would be good, and b) whether the design would be custom, purely because I saw GFX in the title. Maybe this is because I myself am I web designer, but I can only give my own personal, subjective opinion.

I have designed many MyBB templates in my past although I've never got them coded to work properly. I've always wanted a custom theme design but why not just buy one fully coded ready to use, and when you can afford a nice custom template then buy one, but there not cheap. I've seen prices go over £150 I'm not paying that just now. I'm not too sure how much it would cost just for one you've designed yourself to get coded.

I will design one and how's about you code it?

There's 3 forums due to the fact there's not much need to have 3 at the moment. I will think about adding more when there's more users but at the moment 2 will do.

And yes I'm from the UK, I take it you are as well since you said fellow Brit Toungue

(2012-12-16, 01:17 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]The Adsense link color should blend in better with the theme.

I will sort that out later. Thank's for the info
(2012-12-16, 01:32 AM)DEFQON1 Wrote: [ -> ]

I have designed many MyBB templates in my past although I've never got them coded to work properly. I've always wanted a custom theme design but why not just buy one fully coded ready to use, and when you can afford a nice custom template then buy one, but there not cheap. I've seen prices go over £150 I'm not paying that just now. I'm not too sure how much it would cost just for one you've designed yourself to get coded.

I will design one and how's about you code it?

There's 3 forums due to the fact there's not much need to have 3 at the moment. I will think about adding more when there's more users but at the moment 2 will do.

And yes I'm for the UK, I take it you are as well since you said fellow brit Toungue

(2012-12-16, 01:17 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]The Adsense link color should blend in better with the theme.

I will sort that out later. Thank's for the info

If you have the design already made, I would code it for £50 unless it had really complex features. OR, since I have a website which sells MyBB themes I will code it for free if you allow me to add it to my website as a free download (so I wouldn't be making money from it, you would just have to allow me to add a link to my website in the footer). But then it still wouldn't be a unique custom theme, so maybe that's a bad idea :p And yes, originally from Bolton but currently living in Lancaster Smile
(2012-12-16, 01:44 AM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]If you have the design already made, I would code it for £50 unless it had really complex features. OR, since I have a website which sells MyBB themes I will code it for free if you allow me to add it to my website as a free download (so I wouldn't be making money from it, you would just have to allow me to add a link to my website in the footer). But then it still wouldn't be a unique custom theme, so maybe that's a bad idea :p And yes, originally from Bolton but currently living in Lancaster Smile

I've not got any templates ready to be coded at the moment, most of my designs are on my Portable HDD. I could design one over the next couple of days if that's alright. I would allow you to have your say in the footer although the designer also needs some credit, so it would go something like: