MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: modifying postbits post['message']
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
under the postbits the actually message displayed is in the message:
            <div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" class="post_body">
                {$post['message']}
            </div>
For example if the html code of the message gets displayed ( ie. <br />, etc.) along with the actual message, how can you modify the message?

I originally thought the class post_body but the only thing in that is the position of the message:
.post_body {
    padding: 5px;
        padding-top: 5px;
        padding-right-value: 5px;
        padding-bottom: 5px;
        padding-left-value: 5px;
        padding-left-ltr-source: physical;
        padding-left-rtl-source: physical;
        padding-right-ltr-source: physical;
        padding-right-rtl-source: physical;

and example post output would be:

Hi, I am trying to download a zipfile in binary format from an ftp server but it seems that the downloaded zipfile data in my local directory appears to be in ascii, even though i am explicitly requesting a binary mode write:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br><br><br>e.g.<br>l_file = open(f_file, 'wb')<br><br>ftp.retrbinary('RETR ' + f_file, l_file.write)l_file = open(f_file, 'w') print "Getting", f_file ftp.retrbinary('RETR ' + f_file, l_file.write)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>