MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update like bbPress/WordPress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have an idea:

Why not a simpler upgrade process via the AdminCP similar to bbPress and WordPress? One click and a few moments later - updated hassle free!

The current system is so outdated, it isn't even funny.Wink
For now we have plugin for that, Polarbear541 & Vernier made it:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-128545.html

But for 2.0 this can be done i guess Smile
Manual upgrade is always good.
Manually upgrading is always the safest way. I wouldn't say it's outdated at all.
(2012-12-16, 05:09 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Manual upgrade is always good.

Not as efficient as bbPress/WordPress is though... and to some of us, time is money.Wink
I'd far rather manually upgrade. I don't like giving every PHP file on my server the correct permissions to be modified by other files on the server.
With an answer like that, I think I can see where this is going.

Time for me to switch forum software!
You can always use fantastico or softaculacious of similar scripts if you've installed MyBB with help of it. They can upgrade in 1 click. Sometimes, automation messes things big time, not to mention certain custom edits also might get altered.
(2012-12-16, 05:24 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]With an answer like that, I think I can see where this is going.

That's entirely up to you. All of the other big players I know of follow the same routine as we do though with the exception of bbPress (which IMO is lacking in features).
(2012-12-16, 05:24 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]With an answer like that, I think I can see where this is going.

Really upgrading is the deciding feature for you? While I see where you're coming from and think it should be included in 2.0 that's a juvenile response.
Pages: 1 2