MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: session id
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just installed Mybb and everything seems to be working fine. The google bot seems to be only indexing the main page of my forum nothing else. I read at http://www.theadminzone.com that I got to take out the session ids for guest etc.

Quote:How to get more pages from my forum indexed?

Remove session IDs from URLs for guests (and therefore search engine robots), and do not require cookies to be enabled. I think most forum software I know of can achieve this through a mod/hack when it's not built in. This is the most important, if you leave SIDs robots won't get further than one or two levels.
If you have access to mod_rewrite, and a search-engine friendly URLs hack is available for your software, install it. Robots are getting better at indexing dynamic URLs, still they go much further and faster when the URLs look static.
Alternatively, an archive hack/mod may provide some results (although I'm not a big fan of it since it duplicates pages).
Have your forum readable by guests. Registration-only forums are not only bad for getting new members, they're also pretty bad for bringing search engine traffic to your site.

That's well and good I had previously removed session id's for phpbb when I use to use it, I did not see an difference maybe because I used phpbb for a month but "How exactly do I remove session ids in Mybb?" What files would I have to edit or is there any ready made mod avialable?

HAVE A NICE DAY
MyBB doesn't use sessions or session ID's. Google should over time index your whole set of forums -it won't be instant however.
I posted the message without looking at mybb carefully, sorry about that. I realised MyBB does not use SIDs and it seems that the google bot visits my index page 4 times a day and the other pages once a day.

HAVE A NICE DAY
Computing Time
computingtime, your in violation of google's ad-sense policy by having the ads on non-content page such as login/out, registration, and error pages. Thought you should know.
Yeah I heard about that, I never bothered changing it since I don't have anyone visiting.

I was looking to change it but right now I don't really know I just pasted the adsense code into the header file found in the admin panel.

HAVE A NICE DAY
Well, I made a little tutorial where you can make your own template, stick some code in global, and call it on non-global templates by using $google_ads (Global templates are things remain unchanged through out the board, e.g header, footer, toplinks, etc)

Its really easy. You can find it at http://www.mybboard.com/community/showth...56#pid7556
You would be suprised to know that I already had it bookmarked but I was lazy to do it. I might do it as soon as I get enough time.

This is going a bit off-topic but is there any way to directly have an image on the forum instead of a link pointing to the image file.

HAVE A NICE DAY
Quote:is there any way to directly have an image on the forum instead of a link pointing to the image file
You mean in a thread? Simply use [img]URL[/img] Smile
Yeah, I had made a mistake instead of cliking on the image button I clicked the URL button. Silly Mistake.

This community is really good, my questions may not be the smartest but you all a patient to answer it. Thank You.
Chris Boulton Wrote:MyBB doesn't use sessions or session ID's.
Is there a particular reason why it doesnt do that? After having read your statement I have investigated a little bit in this and noticed that MyBB stores a user ID/password hash combination instead of a session ID. I cant imagine an actual advantage of this, especially as you need to do a database lookup in the user table each time.
Pages: 1 2