MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ZRiot|For all you Zombie Fans|Play to Survive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: bPIeh.png]

[Image: hvQDh.png]

About

Zombie Riot is one of the few forums dedicated to zombie discussion and gaming on the web! To top this off, we offer only the best and premium content that we have to offer. Zriot is run by mature and professional staff to ensure the best environment for our users. Here you can discuss anything zombie related! Anything from games to real life zombie apocalypse theories, we've got it all!
You never left a link...
(2012-12-16, 06:44 PM)Roach Wrote: [ -> ]You never left a link...

Wow that was a fast reply. Anyway, I was adding the link while you were replying : )
Nice idea, I like the overall idea.

I think you should work on the SEO for zombie discussion and zombie game list.
(2012-12-17, 08:06 PM)Tyler K Wrote: [ -> ]Nice idea, I like the overall idea.

I think you should work on the SEO for zombie discussion and zombie game list.

How do you suggest I start doing that, I have no clue where to start : P

Thanks!
Okay I like the slogan "play to survive", it made me think that this community would be based on posting to stay alive, which I think would be cool. However, it doesn't seem different from most of the communities around. All I see is a gaming section, a computer section and a console section with a theme that doesn't really relate to zombies at all.

I like that you haven't overloaded it with sections though.
(2012-12-18, 02:35 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I like the slogan "play to survive", it made me think that this community would be based on posting to stay alive, which I think would be cool. However, it doesn't seem different from most of the communities around. All I see is a gaming section, a computer section and a console section with a theme that doesn't really relate to zombies at all.

I like that you haven't overloaded it with sections though.

Thanks for the feedback!

I am getting used to the whole mybb thing, and I am looking for a more "suitable" theme for the forum in all.

What do you suggest I should label the forums, like you say "all you see is a gaming section etc etc", how would I make that better with keeping the forums more simple.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!
Unfortunately my friend, showcasing here will get you a lot of negative feedback, but no suggestions on how to make anything better. It just takes time playing around with the forum, php, different themes, and mods. Good luck, I will keep checking the site out.
(2012-12-19, 08:51 PM)glhowe1 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately my friend, showcasing here will get you a lot of negative feedback, but no suggestions on how to make anything better.

That is absolutely not true.

I have seen some excellent feedback on sites in showcase - though it often seems that the responses are negative it is because MANY of the showcased forums contain the same newbie mistakes - all of which could be avoided by reading the threads in this showcase.
(2012-12-18, 09:53 PM)vdangerv Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback!

I am getting used to the whole mybb thing, and I am looking for a more "suitable" theme for the forum in all.

What do you suggest I should label the forums, like you say "all you see is a gaming section etc etc", how would I make that better with keeping the forums more simple.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!

I would ditch gaming as a whole, that niche is just too damn competitive. However, zombie gaming specifically could be something you can enter. I have no idea how competitive that niche is and how many popular zombie games there are to discuss, but it would be a lot easier than launching another generic gaming forum. You would need a new design though and make a few section changes. I can already see this being incredibly tough in terms of getting the word out and attracting new users, but I have no idea how popular zombie games are and how fierce your competition is.

Good luck.