MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View Counter glitching?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

I noticed yesterday and right after I noticed it, I had a few other members contact me telling me about it.

[Image: vdugp.png]

This is in every forum, so it's not a matter of location. This happens to new threads only too.

http://i.imgur.com/6Q4y5.png << Old threads have a view count, but new threads starting from post date of, 12-15-2012, 12:42 PM, have a messed up view counter.

Any idea what could be the problem? I am on the latest version, 1.6.9.
Try running a recount/rebuild on the counters. Set delayed updates to off.
I already did Recount/Rebuild yesterday, and just did it again. Delayed Updates are off already.
Another thing I just noticed is that even if you read the thread, it shows as unread/new.
Did you install any plugins which affect threads? Unread posts? That used to have an edit in one of the core files - did you install that? Did you edit any core files?

If you did, then replace the edited files with fresh ones.

If you send an ACPlogin etc I will look, but I have no idea what is causing it.
I didn't modify any core files, only templates and such. Only core file I've modified was to add the ACP Pin, but that was before this issue began. Does it have to do with JS? Because I do remember changing the js ver from 1600 to 1609, I don't remember why, but I did.

Codebuttons template >
<script type="text/javascript" src="jscripts/editor.js?ver=1609"></script>

Editor still works tho. ver=1609 used to be 1600, but changed it to 1609.

Thank you,
iHydra
It is not the JS. I think it is one of your files, possibly functions.php
(2012-12-20, 05:38 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It is not the JS. I think it is one of your files, possibly functions.php

If I take functions.php from my backup before the upgrade to 1.6.9, would it be fine? To see if it was some how modified?

I have a backup of DB and Files prior to upgrade to 1.6.9 and I believe a backup right after I had upgraded to 1.6.9.

Just to verify, it's fine if my config.php is CHMOD 644 for extra security, correct?
I think functions.php was not included in the changed files - let me check that.

My config.php is at 644 and my counters work, so that should be ok, yes.

EDIT: it seems that functions.php was not included in changed files. You did run the upgrade script right?
(2012-12-20, 06:00 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think functions.php was not included in the changed files - let me check that.

My config.php is at 644 and my counters work, so that should be ok, yes.

EDIT: it seems that functions.php was not included in changed files. You did run the upgrade script right?

Yes, I did run it. Followed everything here: http://docs.mybb.com/Upgrading.html

Is it possible to keep current DB and "redo" the upgrade process?

I've looking into this more, and saw a bug that was supposed to be resolved, but maybe it came back, unsure.

http://dev.mybb.com/issues/389

Would this have anything to do with my problem?

Found out the issue.

Turns out that OUGC Announcement Bars is causing the views to be stuck at the current number and after disabling it, it worked fine.
Pages: 1 2