MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachment is uploaded but not enable to use it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
when I try to use some attachment in posts, I select it, press "Add Attachment" and then it show me a blank page, but if I look on server in "uploads" directory, I see there a new file with the size of the uploaded file, but the file is not included in "My Attachments" for use in posts. If I go in administration to "Search Orphans", than it show me files which I try to upload as a attachments and told me "The files listed here are have the MyBB attachment file extension, but do not have a record in the database." I try it with photos (.jpg extension) and size from 300kb to 3MB. In "Attachment Types Manager" I have set jpg and jpeg extensions max size to 5MB, and in PHP is set "upload_max_filesize" to "8M". If I try to use image with size about 15kb (or other small files), than it works, and it's uploaded correctly. So, now I don't know what/where could be the problem... Any ideas, please?
Thanks
Jakub
Can you look at your PHP info and see what is the value of the setting post_max_size?
DennisTT Wrote:Can you look at your PHP info and see what is the value of the setting post_max_size?

"post_max_size" is set to "8M", same as "upload_max_filesize"
So you see a blank white page with no error on it? If you view the source of the page, is it completely blank? Also, does it instantaneously show you the white page, or does it load for like a minute before it is finished loading?
DennisTT Wrote:So you see a blank white page with no error on it? If you view the source of the page, is it completely blank? Also, does it instantaneously show you the white page, or does it load for like a minute before it is finished loading?

Yes, I see a blank page with no error on it and the source of this page is also blank. The blank white page is shown after some different time, I think that after it uploads the attachment, because the time is different, and I think that the time depend on the attachment size.