MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parse Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-12-19, 11:21 AM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-19, 11:03 AM)ewar Wrote: [ -> ]The link you quote is a dead one.

You'll need to replace site.com with your actual domain Toungue

(2012-12-19, 11:03 AM)ewar Wrote: [ -> ]As for running the query can you give me a walk through as I don't understand. Exactly where and how do I run the query.

Are you using cPanel? If so, you'll need to do the following:

Navigate to cPanel and find PHPMyAdmin
Select your database (on the left hand side)
Click the SQL tab (at the top)
Enter the following query:
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'
Replace X with your UID
Click Go

You can now login to your account with the password test Smile

Right, I have now got the grasp. I went into my Hosts PHPmyadmin and ran the query as you said and I got the following response
"#1146 - Table 'spinepin_bftuq.mybb_users' doesn't exist"
Just so you are aware of what I am trying to do - I am trying to log into http://www.spine-pinderfields.org.uk/Forum/admin/ with the user name Admin as it was from the outset.

I updated the site to latest version then tried to log in as usual and stupid me failed 5 times for the password thus locking me out. I have filezillad the site and renamed Install to old and this allows my forum to run but to complete the update I need to enter the passwords for admin which I am locked out of.
Thanx in anticipation
Oh your locked out of your admin control panel? Sorry I must of misunderstood you, I thought you had forgotten your login password. Toungue

You can run the following query to reset your login attempts:

UPDATE `mybb_adminoptions` SET `loginattempts` = '0', `loginlockoutexpiry` = '0' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Make sure you replace the uid with your uid and that the table prefix is correct as "#1146 - Table 'spinepin_bftuq.mybb_users' doesn't exist" suggests the prefix is different. Smile
[attachment=28090]Hi
Thanks for bearing with me on this. I enclose a screen shot of the database and reply I got from the query, I have no idea where the # number is coming from I don't see it at all anywhere on the CP's.
I still get a no field in database which is wrong because you can see it on the attachment down the left hand side.

I screwed up when I tried to update the site to latest version. When I tried to run it as admin to update the files I took too many attempts at the password when I got the password reset I entered it but never got the second part of the reset process.

User password re-set have worked fine, it is just retrieval of the admin password I am having trouble with. To temporally fix the forum I used filezilla to rename the Update folder allowing the site to continue until I can fully update the site as admin.

Many regards
Eddie
You know that you enter a number not the username in the UID field.
You would need to find out your UID by entering this query.
SELECT `uid` FROM `mybb_users` WHERE `username` = 'admin';
Replace admin with you username if it is not admin.
Once you have the UID enter it in the query that Vernier provided:

(2012-12-21, 10:54 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]You can run the following query to reset your login attempts:

UPDATE `mybb_adminoptions` SET `loginattempts` = '0', `loginlockoutexpiry` = '0' WHERE `uid` = '1';

Make sure you replace the uid with your uid
It's not the username I want to reset its admin.

I already have an account but it is just a user account with no CP rights perhaps this was my mistake at the out set.

Regards
Eddie

I just keep getting

#1146 - Table 'spinepin_bftuq.mybb_adminoptions' doesn't exist

even though it is there and listed down the left hand side. Is it possible to go into the table and alter it manually?

Regards
Eddie
Thats not what I was telling you to do. I noticed you put "admin" as the uid in the screenshot where it should be the users' id not their username.
(2012-12-22, 12:22 PM)ewar Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the username I want to reset its admin.

I already have an account but it is just a user account with no CP rights perhaps this was my mistake at the out set.

Regards
Eddie

I just keep getting

#1146 - Table 'spinepin_bftuq.mybb_adminoptions' doesn't exist

even though it is there and listed down the left hand side. Is it possible to go into the table and alter it manually?

Regards
Eddie

Thanks for the screenshot. Please try running this query:

UPDATE `mbb_adminoptions` SET `loginattempts` = '0', `loginlockoutexpiry` = '0' WHERE `uid` = '1';
It's sorted.

When I looked in the table at uid (1) the Email address was never set up [email protected]. I went into the CP and set up this account and just requested the passwords again.

I send you this out of courtesy in case you get another dumb-lime like me again, however I have seen a lot more to computing than pressing buttons on mice you men are geniuses and have the patience of saints to put up with us novices.

Many regards and much respect.
Eddie
Merry Christmas
Glad to help, have a great Christmas! Smile
Just like Columbo, one last thing- How do I turn a user (me) into an administrator. I'm thinking if we have 2 administrator accounts it would be easier to resolve if a password is lost in future.
Regards
Eddie
Pages: 1 2 3