MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change 404 page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, when someone on my forum goes to a page that doesn't exist, it displays a 404 page that is practically crawling with advertisements. How can I get rid of this, and how can I show a normal, white 404 error page instead?
You can place the following inside of a .htaccess file and then upload a blank .html file that just says 404.
ErrorDocument 404 filename.html
You would of course change filename.html to the name of your 404.html file or whatever you want to call it. Then upload this to the root directory and you're set!
(2012-12-18, 04:34 AM)Known Wrote: [ -> ]You can place the following inside of a .htaccess file and then upload a blank .html file that just says 404.
ErrorDocument 404 filename.html
You would of course change filename.html to the name of your 404.html file or whatever you want to call it. Then upload this to the root directory and you're set!

This is great!

But I want to remove the existing 404 page first, and I can't seem to find it in my root.
Normally it's setup by your hosting company, try looking inside of your hosting control panel and see the location (if it's given) else just do that.