MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Find core edits?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a plugin or script that will locate any core edits that have been made? I swear I've seen this before, but can't find it now.

I had a changelog, but it disappeared; not stored where I thought it was. So until I find it, I need to be able to move forward with the upgrade to 1.6.9, so I need to locate any changes that have been made.

Anybody seen a plugin like this or am I making it up? Toungue
ACP -> Tools and Maintenance -> Administrator Log (left column)

This appears to be what your looking for
(2012-12-18, 04:14 PM)metulburr Wrote: [ -> ]ACP -> Tools and Maintenance -> Administrator Log (left column)

This appears to be what your looking for

Those are not the droids he's looking for.

He's looking for something to give him a diff-report on all of the core files for MyBB. I found this but I'm not sure how reputable the author is and considering he's checking the files against his own server suggests the plugin could die at any time in the future (or might already be dead), so the decision is yours.

Or you could also use an external program like Beyond Compare, download a fresh copy of MyBB 1.6.8 and check them against your current files, but this is only relevant if you're also willing to download a copy of your files from the server onto you computer, but options are always nice.
(2012-12-18, 04:33 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]Those are not the droids he's looking for.

He's looking for something to give him a diff-report on all of the core files for MyBB.

You are correct sir.

I'll check out those options, thanks!
If you have SSH access, diff -ru original_mybb/ your_mybb/

Also have a look at the Patches plugin, which allows you to manage core edits through the ACP. Unfortunately though it can not automatically find edits it didn't make itself...
at least file verification can list the changed files, then go from there in migrating changes to Patches.
(2012-12-18, 06:28 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If you have SSH access, diff -ru original_mybb/ your_mybb/

That seems to be what I needed, thank you very much!!

(2012-12-18, 06:28 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Also have a look at the Patches plugin, which allows you to manage core edits through the ACP. Unfortunately though it can not automatically find edits it didn't make itself...

I have looked into that on a previous occasion. I might have to take a more serious look now.

Thanks everyone.