MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Endless scrolling in MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Is there any way to implement endless scrolling in MyBB? For me, specifically, in forumdisplay. I'd like the thread list to continuously load as the user scrolls down.
Believe you are looking for pre loading of page as user scroll down, something like pinterest

Check if this helps
https://github.com/protonet/jquery.inview/
+1 on this Big Grin
(2012-12-18, 04:18 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: [ -> ]Believe you are looking for pre loading of page as user scroll down, something like pinterest

Check if this helps
https://github.com/protonet/jquery.inview/

Not exactly.

Basically, the way pagination works now is that once you reach the end of the page, you have to click "next" to proceed to the next page. What I would like to do is to keep the threadlist pulling from new pages and appearing in the current thread display view automatically as the user scrolls.

I suppose theoretically you could have forumdisplay list 10,000 topics per page and then use this or something similar to load them ...
It could be done with JavaScript and possibly a plugin which serves the next page bare (without header / footer) so it could be inserted into the current page as the user scrolls down. Without a plugin, the JS would have to grab the next page and remove the unnecessary header/footer by itself.

For a solid solution you'd probably have to use a plugin anyway, as there are special cases to consider, e.g. when someone replies to a thread which causes the pagination to change, you'd get double or missing threads if you simply grabbed the next page after a while of scrolling.
anyone want to pool money with me to commission this? haha

for anyone using xthreads to display images as threads this would be infinitely useful, i think
Brad - I have 10 bucks to contribute ..... if a reputable plugin dev steps forward with an offer I might have a bit more
I'd be willing to try something, it doesn't seem too difficult to implement. And you can keep the money if it's done.
And we have an offer. I would surely class Beardy as reputable.
Thank you! Looking forward to it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8