MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Group Promotion Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just made a promotion from my Bronze group to Iron Group. I made it so users with 49 posts or higher should be promoted. Does this count for everyone right now or does it start now and people promote after I made the promotion?

I was looking at people with 49+ posts and they are still in the Bronze Group?

[Image: ifSnC.png]
[Image: odKf5.png]

That is how my group setting is set up. I just want it so when they hit 49 posts they are promoted to Iron group. Don't need any requirements for time, rep, etc..

Thanks.
You will need to promote them manually.
No way to automatically promote people?
Well, you can do a group update - so query in groups for all members with more than 49 posts in group bronze and then update the whole lot to Iron.

Be careful though - the default is admin ....
[Image: OqkAE.png]

I got it all setup, and added Additional User Group images and this is what each post has. Is there anyway to NOT have him be in each group when he promotes? For example he is in groups...
Bronze
Iron
Black
Steel
Etc..
Anyway to make it so when he reaches iron group he is moved from bronze into iron? I could change it from seconday to primary but then it would mess up staff rankings..??

After thinkinf about it... There is 3 settings for groups.

Primary
Additional
Display group

When i set up promotions i have option to promote user into a new group a d change there primary group. Or they can be promoted into additional group and it would be added. So that is how I had it setup and each promotion was just being added into additional.

If i changed it to primary then they would only be in one group of bronze, iron, black etc. And thrn I could set additional groups to administrator or moderstor depending on rank..

Would that work or mess up ranks?

Also would it change usergroup image order? I dont want it to be a bronze registered image and then admin.
I think - that additional groups can always be more than one group, so the promotion system does not work for that, or at least not in the way you want it to.

You could have the iron bronze etc as a primary group, but then the additional group would have to be admin/moderator etc.

Regarding display order - I think if you have additional group images AND primary group images then you can change the display order in the memberlist/postbit templates. There is a possibility that this will explode the showteam display though - I think you would need to test this on a test board.
(2012-12-19, 02:31 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I think - that additional groups can always be more than one group, so the promotion system does not work for that, or at least not in the way you want it to.

You could have the iron bronze etc as a primary group, but then the additional group would have to be admin/moderator etc.

Regarding display order - I think if you have additional group images AND primary group images then you can change the display order in the memberlist/postbit templates. There is a possibility that this will explode the showteam display though - I think you would need to test this on a test board.

Hmm true... Something I will have to give a shot tonight. Thanks for the help.

Also, what templates will I have to edit to change the order.
Postbit and postbit_classic and memberlist_user. At least.
Turns out I can't do this unless I made a special ranking group for each of (Admin, Global Mod, Forum Mod, VIP) which would make a total of 55 extra groups.
good grief Sad That cannot be good.