MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: LeetCave.com - Where The Elite Converse (Friendly Discussions & FREE GIVEAWAYS!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before advertising get some posts! I waiting to get 1k posts to advertise on here.
(2012-12-22, 03:21 PM)therussiangamer Wrote: [ -> ]Before advertising get some posts! I waiting to get 1k posts to advertise on here.

Well too late for that now, the forum is growing nicely. Advertising is working so I wouldn't stop doing what seems to work. Rolleyes
Stupid niche choice.
(2012-12-23, 07:49 PM)Crayo Wrote: [ -> ]Stupid niche choice.

Thank you for your input, go back to your WWE forum where you can enjoy your niche. Cool
I have no idea what your site is about - new potential users may have difficult with this as well. Is it another graphics/gaming/general? What sets it apart from the countless others?

Also having to scroll down through two thick layers of ads, your huge logo and various news bar right in the header is a major turn-off. I can barely see any content without having to scroll.

Also the fact that guests cannot view content is against the Showcase's rules and guidelines.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74199-p...#pid541413
I saw that you have an increase in activity - possibly due to the posting contest, that is good as a start and I like your post activity award icon. I am sure you already have a plan to make sure that it continues.

IMPORTANT: the link to register in the header announcement is broken - look at the url, you will see what the issue is.

I still think the header is too big for the forum. Try downscaling it a bit - a lot of your content etc is hidden on a smaller screen.

and kodaks is correct re not allowing guests to view content being against the rules. How can we evaluate the forum if we cannot see it?
@Kodaks - Leet Cave is a general forum, I know, it's overused and shouldn't be considered a niche at all if it is, but what I like to think sets us apart from the rest is overall care and effort, as well as weekly and monthly giveaways. That being the biggest factor. Also looking into custom work arounds so I can remove ads from the index display. Also working on a smaller header.

@Leefish - Activity has increased and I have no problem removing the guest can't view feature, so I shall. As I said I shall work on a new header. /fixed the register header link.
Clayjay - I think you should get rid of/fix that broken link right away as a priority. In these early days of building the forum a broken register link is a VERY big issue.
(2012-12-25, 04:12 AM)ClayJay Wrote: [ -> ]Also looking into custom work arounds so I can remove ads from the index display.

If you install Template Conditionals, you can use this code around the ads:

<if THIS_SCRIPT == "index.php" then>
<else>
	PUT AD CODE HERE
</if>	
(2012-12-25, 08:19 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Clayjay - I think you should get rid of/fix that broken link right away as a priority. In these early days of building the forum a broken register link is a VERY big issue.
Removed the header announcement that included the registration link. The default link is still available.

(2012-12-25, 10:42 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-25, 04:12 AM)ClayJay Wrote: [ -> ]Also looking into custom work arounds so I can remove ads from the index display.

If you install Template Conditionals, you can use this code around the ads:

<if THIS_SCRIPT == "index.php" then>
<else>
	PUT AD CODE HERE
</if>	
Ah well thank you Kodaks, I'll be sure to add it.
Pages: 1 2