MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP Installation not right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I followed the instructions to the letter, and everything seemed to update, after everything was done this error cam up and I have no idea how to correct this.

MySQL error: 1146
Table 'dbXXXXXXXXX.mybb_smilies' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT sid, name, find, image, disporder, showclickable FROM mybb_smilies ORDER BY LENGTH(find) DESC

Actual Table number shown here as xxxxxxxx removed for security

I dont know much about databases but would appreciate some help to correct this.

I upgraded to the latest version as I was getting problems which members creating new threads.

Also when I now look at thre admin section, I have lots of boxes with bullet points i.e. black dots but with nothing against them, it looks like the installation has not gone right, could it just be because of this error.

example being
.Cache Manager
.View PHP Info
The first error means the table 'mybb_smilies' doesn't exist, did this error only show up after the upgrade? Have you modifyed your database in anyway?

The second problem tells me some of the language files are missing or corrupt. Try reuploading them from from the MyBB download.
Christian Wrote:The first error means the table 'mybb_smilies' doesn't exist, did this error only show up after the upgrade? Have you modifyed your database in anyway?

The second problem tells me some of the language files are missing or corrupt. Try reuploading them from from the MyBB download.

Thanks Cristian, replaced the files and added the missing smiles to the database did the trick, thanks