MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gamingo premium theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Minerskinz’s 8th Anniversary Celebration! Get 20% discount use coupon click here

Gamingo theme is ready and view live demo here
and to purchase this Theme click here.Smile

[Image: gamingo_mybb_product_big.png]

Some highlights of this theme
1.This theme comes in 3 colors, 2 light and one dark.
2. Theme coded in both semi responsive and fluid width.
3. Customized footer design to place your adv banners, important links, about us text.
4.Theme comes with 6 premade background images of latest versions of FF, WOW, BF, Halo etc and you can create your own bg design and replace it to make more unique.
5. Custom Postbit design
6. Custom Profile page design.
7. Pop up login using Js and custom pop up design gaming related(psd will be provided to further customize yourself).
8. Custom rank images.
9. Custom thread icons.
10. Now this theme is js powered, color selector, font selector, width chooser.

Note we do have plans to create custom plugin for our clients to set options like to enable/disable the js customize to members, set default color, font theme etc via admincp which we will release in our future update when MyBB 1.8 is released.

Thanks for all those given encouraging feedback here and by PM.
Looking good so far, but I have a few suggestions. First I don't really understand the concept of semi-responsive, wouldn't it just be semi-fluid (Since it's fluid for 200px or so)?

Also the tfoot on board stats seems really skinny, might look better at a larger height. Have you tried the top navigation without the odd rounded borders? I'm just curious how that would look.

And, maybe consider making the colors jQuery powered instead of separate themes?

Good luck with it. Smile
(2012-12-20, 06:39 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good so far, but I have a few suggestions. First I don't really understand the concept of semi-responsive, wouldn't it just be semi-fluid (Since it's fluid for 200px or so)?

We call it semi responsive as in fixed width it stays at 960px and in large monitors there is more empty space each sides, so this will be good alternate instead of just fixed width.

We had this request by many client of ours.

(2012-12-20, 06:39 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Also the tfoot on board stats seems really skinny, might look better at a larger height. Have you tried the top navigation without the odd rounded borders? I'm just curious how that would look.

You are pointing at the footer design right? Ok noted it but i doubt we will change it at this time but in our next update, as this design has been accepted by many clients of ours with other forum scripts.

(2012-12-20, 06:39 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]And, maybe consider making the colors jQuery powered instead of separate themes?

Good luck with it. Smile

We love to do this and why still we have not implemented it, as this design has been done few months back by then we did not have the idea but will redesign all our themes in future once we get settled with our current plans or once we rework our designs when the next major MyBB version released, i assume its 1.8x.
to say the truth i'do like this theme the most but it should be better if you already make a horizontal jquery menu inside of it aspecially for gaming community's cause i dont like the navbar right now. Great Work for sure!!

btw if you visit the website vbdemo i do love that theme more can you also really copying it or is that not legal cause i like the message bar above!

If you have this one for sale i will buy the template.
(2012-12-20, 11:37 AM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]cause i dont like the navbar right now.

You mean the tabs/buttons or the breadcrumb/navbar? if its breadcrumb we custom designed it now will attach screenshot soon.

(2012-12-20, 11:37 AM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]btw if you visit the website vbdemo i do love that theme more can you also really copying it or is that not legal cause i like the message bar above!

Ok we will try make a custom message box for visitors/unregistered members, only thing is in MyBB without any conditionals its hard to do some customs!

(2012-12-20, 11:37 AM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]If you have this one for sale i will buy the template.

Glad you like it and we expect to release by next week.

Thanks.
Designs are so 2004...
(2012-12-20, 01:02 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Designs are so 2004...

Yup in 2004 i started designing and maybe i am old.Rolleyes

(2012-12-20, 06:39 AM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]And, maybe consider making the colors jQuery powered instead of separate themes?

Good luck with it. Smile

Ok we are going to try this on this theme.Big Grin
Great work buddy.
I like the theme.
But lemme suggest you a few features.
The background Image is a bit 10 year old like, and even those games are not played now.Just change it and add image renders of latest games Smile

The container has curved borders where as they are lacking in footer.it is like the footer is like a patch attached to a theme but not an original part of the theme.

The color of footer is a bit odd than rest of the theme.Brown doesnt fit well for a gaming theme except for GTA based games where sepia is the base color. Smile.It goes good if its black or possibly black.

But as per design its good and i wish to see more from you.
Good luck,
regards,
(2012-12-21, 03:22 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]Great work buddy.
I like the theme.
But lemme suggest you a few features.
The background Image is a bit 10 year old like, and even those games are not played now.Just change it and add image renders of latest games Smile

We have about 6 premade bg images comes along with the theme, check here but maybe we will redo the default bg image which i shown in my attachments, as you suggested.

(2012-12-21, 03:22 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]The container has curved borders where as they are lacking in footer.it is like the footer is like a patch attached to a theme but not an original part of the theme.

The color of footer is a bit odd than rest of the theme.Brown doesnt fit well for a gaming theme except for GTA based games where sepia is the base color. Smile.It goes good if its black or possibly black.

About the colors currently we have 3 choices, 2 light and one dark and as you said brown is not aimed for gaming sites as this theme can be used for any forum niche.

And about footer good suggestion and noted it in our list.Wink

(2012-12-21, 03:22 AM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]But as per design its good and i wish to see more from you.
Good luck,
regards,

Gr8! Thanks for your valuable suggestions.Big Grin
We have taken your valuable suggestions and working on it.

updated postbit design here

We are working on making this theme jQuery powered.

Customize Colors and bg images

Font selection

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3