MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add notice like mybb community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pls anyone help me how i add a notice board in seperate forum like mybb community forum pls help me
& how i minimize catagory from guest i meain when guest enter they could not see my hdden forum but the hidden forums catagory look like minimize pls help me
first add the foll code where you want the notice to be rendered

<p class="notice">[u]enter your message here[/u]</p>

and add this css codes in global.css

.notice {
background: #ADCBE7;
border-top: 2px solid #0F5C8E;
border-bottom: 2px solid #0F5C8E;
text-align: center;
margin: 10px auto;
padding: 5px 20px;
font-weight: bold;
}
I dont understand where i put the codes pls step it
(2012-12-20, 10:13 AM)Manoj Wrote: [ -> ]I dont understand where i put the codes pls step it

1. open the 'index' template: ACP > Templates and Style > Templates > Choose your template set, or Default Templates if you don't have a theme > Index > index.
2. Find '{$header}'

Replace it with:
{$header}
<p class="notice">enter your message here</p>

3. Edit the CSS: ACP > Templates and Style > Themes > Again, choose your theme or Default > global.css > [i]Click the 'Edit Stylesheet: Advanced Mode' tab.

4. Add

.notice {
   background: #ADCBE7;
   border-top: 2px solid #0F5C8E;
   border-bottom: 2px solid #0F5C8E;

text-align: center;
   margin: 10px auto;
   padding: 5px 20px;
}

to the top.
Is thair plugin for it?
(2012-12-20, 11:09 AM)Manoj Wrote: [ -> ]Is thair plugin for it?

There probably is, but the steps I outlined are very basic and you should be prepared (and quite willing) to delve deep into your ACP if you want to make a forum, otherwise you'll be constantly relying on other people (or their code). The term 'webmaster' signifies a master of his/her tools to power and control their small footprint on the web; your tool is ACP, you should master it.