MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: message error database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
salam all

today i want go to the forum but i have this error msg

----------------------------
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 -
Query:
[READ] Unable to select database .
----------------------------

any solution plz i don't know what is the probleme

thank you
- Database does not exsist.

Have you changed database name or something ?

Check if you have proper data provided in 'inc/config.php'
$config['database']['database'] = 'yourdatabasenamehere';
thank you for replay

yes i have all information about my database in my config file :'(
(2012-12-20, 06:30 PM)awtil Wrote: [ -> ]yes i have all information about my database in my config file :'(
Then check if its correct.

- Check in phpmyadmin if your database exsist.
- Compare if it have exacly the same name which is provided in 'config.php' file,
- also if database user name is exacly same as in 'config.php'.

Best if you could copy paste these names from your phpmyadmin to file because sometime there can be small 'invisible' misstypings or 'nonstandard characters' which may looks 'same' by eye, but its not same for computer.
Is it your board? Then the best way is to follow post #4. If it isn't your board then contact the admin of the board to fix the problem.
salam all

i have contacte my hosting support and i have this message

Big Grinatabase '*****' has caused high load on our server.

but the forum is new i have just 4 personne and 3 subject and i have close the forum for registe.

so how can the forum cause a hight load????

i think that there is problime in the arabic translation.becous i just have add arabic translate and i have 3 personne was register.how i don't konw becous my site is new.

do you think that there is a bad file in translation or in the script?

sorry for my bad english
(2012-12-20, 07:02 PM)awtil Wrote: [ -> ]i have contacte my hosting support and i have this message
Big Grinatabase '*****' has caused high load on our server.
(...) do you think that there is a bad file in translation or in the script? (...)
I think that you may have more sql queries than your host want to see,
and if you go above this limit - he may get angry and put an end to this. (which he did)
Additionaly on free host's (and it seems you use one) where they attach advertisements to your page,
Its important to them that your page should generate aproximately equal number of requests
to count of page refresh (advertisement reloads) and if you use ajax chat,
or some game scripts your page may generate many requests but not refresh page,
that also will make your host administrator angry.
Tell him to enable back your database and promiss that you will reduce your queries.

Then, when you are loged in as admin to your forum,
you can see at bottom of forum information about how many sql queries your forum generate.

- Each plugin may add to this value. So disabling some plugins may help reduce load.
- If you have Ajax chat/shoutbox - disable it, free host's hate it because it send requests,
but does not refresh page which then make situation where you
'increase server load but not display advertisements'
- Disable forum searching functionality, if you have big forum it may cause high load also.
- If you have option to chose your host PHP version, change to PHP 5.4.x, its faster, eats less memory and speed ups your forum.