MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMF to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I run a fairly active and bigger admin forum at www.anotheradminforum.com which uses SMF 2.0.3. I heard from a little birdie that SMF will soon be done, don't ask me why, just understand its going to be rough over there Wink

I used to have issues with MyBB back when there was an entirely different staff but hey its been a long time and its not proper to hold a grudge. I figured why not look into moving AAF to MyBB

I am just wonder how hard this is going to be?

How can I make it to where users don't have to do a whole lot to activate their account after the merge? If it is even possible.

Thanks in advance!
-Shawn Gossman
Does this help till someone answers http://docs.mybb.com/Merge_System.html
The merge system should handle most of the conversion just fine as far as I know. It's always best to test it locally first of course and see how things go - especially when it comes to permissions and whatnot Wink I do believe Pirata is currently working on some of the SMF stuff on the merge system too though I may be wrong. Maybe he'll be able to stop by and provide more details.
I'm also thinking about converting from SMF to MyBB. The merge page says the current download version is for 1.6.7. Will there be one released for 1.6.9 or is the 1.6.7 usable?
1.6.7 is usable. That's the version of the Merge System, not the version of MyBB it supports.
(2012-12-22, 09:54 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]1.6.7 is usable. That's the version of the Merge System, not the version of MyBB it supports.

Thank you!
Thank you folks Smile

It is likely that AAF will be a MyBB forum soon Big Grin