MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: myBB auto email generation system not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys,
actually, i am facing the problem with auto email generation system.
My host doesnt allow PHP mail & so i tried with SMTP mail but unfortunately, SMTP mail is not working properly...
following r my SMTP settings
Type: SMTP mail
Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587 or 465 [tried with both the ports]
Username: [email protected] [my gmail]
Password: xxxxxxxxxx [my gmail password]
Encryption: SSL [also tried with TSL]
Add ID: Yes [Also tried with the other option "NO"]

its giving me the following error...

Quote:"Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details.<br /><br />110: Connection timed out"

can u guys please help me with it? hope u will help me.

Thanks in advance.....waiting for ur reply....

Regards,
Veer
Those settings should work as far as I'm aware. Sounds like a problem with your server not being able to connect to google's SMTP server though.
(2012-12-22, 04:57 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Those settings should work as far as I'm aware. Sounds like a problem with your server not being able to connect to google's SMTP server though.

I also tried with Hotmail & some other email provider's SMTPS, but unfortunately, none of them worked. Actually, my hosting provider is my good friend. What should i tell him to check/change so that my problem will get solved? Huh
Thanks in advance...
Could be that the server's configuration doesn't allow the use of SMTP either. I'll have to look at how exactly we handle mail to get something you can pass on to your host.
(2012-12-24, 12:08 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Could be that the server's configuration doesn't allow the use of SMTP either. I'll have to look at how exactly we handle mail to get something you can pass on to your host.
i will wait for ur reply mate..... Huh
thanks in advance....