MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: fix this errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have about 745 Duplicate meta description tags, and 706 Duplicate title tags. all are from mybb forum, and i think this can improve my ranks if i will fix, so please help me people. This is the forum were i face this duplicates: www.letsplanmywedding.com/forums
I have installed it , but nothing changes, how i can be sure and check if it work?
after Enable google seo u should paste all code to .htaccess file and apply.

code is here :

Admin cp >> plugins >> google Seo
no nothing i cant make it to work
Are you sure you have the file as ".htaccess"? This will not work as htaccess.txt.

If this is the case, please post the contents of your .htaccess
yes i have it on public html, and also one in forum folder..
this is that on public html:

Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /plan-my-wedding/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule ^category-([A-Za-z0-9_&]+)\.html$ productpage.php?productid=$1 [L]

RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forums/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://letsplanmywedding.com/forums/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forums/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
Check the plugins list in the ACP to see if it's asking you to make any changes?

You also seem to have set the same meta description and keywords for every page, either a plugin or code you've added to the headerinclude template? You need to remove that.

<meta name="description" content="Meet thousands of brides like you every day on our wedding message boards.Chat and ask details about their wedding on our wedding forums" />
<meta name="keywords" content="wedding forums, wedding message boards, brides, brides chat, bride message boards, brides board, brides talking, brides planning weddings, brides sharing ideas" />
well it's say this:

Google SEO (1.6.5)
Google Search Engine Optimization as described in the official Google's SEO starter guide. Please see the documentation for details.
Add to .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on

# Some hosts require RewriteBase to make RewriteRules work.
RewriteBase /forums/

# Google SEO workaround for search.php highlights:
# Make this rule the first rewrite rule in your .htaccess!
RewriteRule ^([^&]*)&(.*)$ http://letsplanmywedding.com/forums/$1?$2 [L,QSA,R=301]

# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /forums/misc.php?google_seo_error=404

# Google SEO Sitemap:
RewriteRule ^sitemap-([^./]+)\.xml$ misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Forums:
RewriteRule ^Forum-([^./]+)$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Threads:
RewriteRule ^Thread-([^./]+)$ showthread.php?google_seo_thread=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Announcements:
RewriteRule ^Announcement-([^./]+)$ announcements.php?google_seo_announcement=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Users:
RewriteRule ^User-([^./]+)$ member.php?action=profile&google_seo_user=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Calendars:
RewriteRule ^Calendar-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?google_seo_calendar=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

# Google SEO URL Events:
RewriteRule ^Event-([^./]+)$ calendar.php?action=event&google_seo_event=$1 [L,QSA,NC]
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Revert changes to core files.

if i click to revert changes it show me this:

URL is passive. Apply changes to core files to activate.
Redirect is enabled and URL is passive. Redirecting SEO URLs back to MyBB's default URLs.
404, Meta, Redirect, Sitemap and URL are enabled. (Configure)
Click to Apply changes to core files.

and if i activate it and im going on each page of forum, for example this: http://letsplanmywedding.com/forums/Thre...ding-dress it show me: 404 Not Found , practicly all pages are not more founded..so i didn't activate till i will note resolve this issue, to not get all pages out by googl, please try to help me..

Also were i can check and delete this meta descriptions?
ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> Yourtheme Templates >> Ungrouped Templates >> headerinclude

If you don't know what to remove, please post the contents of the template here.

You need to activate the plugin and make the changes to core files, then check the plugin page and make the changes .htaccess it asks you to make.

If you're still struggling, post your Admin and FTP login details in the Private Inquiries forum and a staff member will take a look for you. Smile
Pages: 1 2