MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Can't Stay Logged In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Whenever you log in and you get the message "You will now be taken back to where you were," it won't let you stay logged in. Can someone explain why?
[Wiki: Cookie_Settings] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
So how do I tell if the settings are correct? There weren't any problems before -- it just started happening.
Try using the "handy tool" that is listed on the page Christian provided. 99% of the time it will give you what your cookie settings should be set to.
Well, baised on this: [wiki]Cookie_Settings#Examples[/wiki]. Or just use this: http://www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php
That's how my settings are set up... I haven't changed anything since I first started, and there weren't any problems then...
Logout, clear your cookies (or ask your users to clear their cookies) from your browser and try logging in again.
Wait... isn't the auto-login saved as a cookie? If so, then that one still works, as on Firefox, I automatically login. Testing the problem, I used IE (which I never use) and when I try and login, it says I do, but I really don't.
Okay, I did that, and I can't get logon my forums anymore. Sad
Do you have a link to your forums?
Pages: 1 2