MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: make announcements and able to post on it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to make an announcement or global announcement and still be able to post replies to it. So it's basically a normal topic and when your making your topic where it says Moderator Options right under it where it says stick topic, there should be a spot where it says announcement and under that it should say global announcement and says announcement for that category and global announcement for and announcement for all of the forums. Then where you made the post, when you take the global announcement down, it will be in the forum, and who ever posted last it will go with the other topics. So if someone posted on it yesterday then there's more topics where the last post was yesterday then it will blend in with them.
If I understand what you are trying to ask for, just use Thread Prefixes. You can just create a normal thread and add a thread prefix to it so that it looks different from the other threads. Maybe something like "ANNOUNCEMENT:"
What he's asking for is basically phpBB's announcement functionality which is actually quite nice for an awful package like phpBB.
(2012-12-23, 12:27 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]What he's asking for is basically phpBB's announcement functionality which is actually quite nice for an awful package like phpBB.

Yes indeed, that is what I'm asking for.
I've always wanted something like this, perhaps this should be moved to suggestions?
So like;
[Image: kcZHO.png]
[Image: 3UXkz.png]