MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: license question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:You agree that no support will be given to those who use the distributed modified copies.

I am curious what this means in the context of the mybb license agreement. Are you saying "no support" from MYBB or that the person redistributing modified copies can't offer support to those using it? It seems silly that a person can make modified mybb system and distribute it but not give anyone support for it. Maybe I am wrong but that's how it appears to be written.

Did you intend it to have this meaning?
Quote:You agree that no support from Mybb Group will be given to those who use the distributed modified copies.
I think it's obvious that the MyBB Group doesn't offer any support of distributed modified copies; they only maintain the official branch.
labrocca Wrote:
Quote:You agree that no support from Mybb Group will be given to those who use the distributed modified copies.

I know that part is correct. I'm not sure if Chris meant it to extend further to mean your first interpretation (no support whatsoever)

Basically we can't give support for modified versions as we don't know what has changed in each modified distribution.
Thanks..I just read a lot of legalese and your license doesn't appear to have been written by a lawyer. It's important imho that it be accurate.