MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To 1.6.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I upgrade to 1.6.9 What exactly will happen?

Will I lose any templates or languages edits?
If you've made changes to the English package pack, those changes will be overridden. You shouldn't lose any template changes, but always make a backup of the files and database before starting the upgrade process.
(2012-12-23, 07:34 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you've made changes to the English package pack, those changes will be overridden. You shouldn't lose any template changes, but always make a backup of the files and database before starting the upgrade process.

ok, how do I make it to where I don't lose the english package from being overridden?
Note down the changes you've made, upgrade, then reapply the changes.
(2012-12-23, 07:50 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Note down the changes you've made, upgrade, then reapply the changes.

I don't remember what changes I made, I made a lot, also, is there anything else that changes?
It would be a good idea to note down any changes you make so you can apply them again when it comes to overwriting the files. There are other changes as numerous files have changes to them, you'll need to use a diff viewer or something to get the exact changes for every file.
(2012-12-23, 11:56 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It would be a good idea to note down any changes you make so you can apply them again when it comes to overwriting the files. There are other changes as numerous files have changes to them, you'll need to use a diff viewer or something to get the exact changes for every file.

Will that option be there after the upgrade?
No, I mean use a program to compare your version of the files and the new version of the files to see what the changes are and see if you're going to be overwriting any changes you've made. If you didn't make a note of what changes you made there's no other way to know if you'll lose any of them.
(2012-12-23, 01:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, I mean use a program to compare your version of the files and the new version of the files to see what the changes are and see if you're going to be overwriting any changes you've made. If you didn't make a note of what changes you made there's no other way to know if you'll lose any of them.

oh, ok.