MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't assign a forum moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm trying to assign a moderator who can moderate ONLY a certain forum, but I can't seem to be able to do that. I added a moderator by going here: ACP >> Forums & Posts >> Forum Management >> forumname >> Moderators, and after that, the moderator had permissions not only to the forum I assigned him, but to all the other forums. Why?
Have you put them in a different usergroup too?
(2012-12-23, 12:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you put them in a different usergroup too?

No. I just added a simple user as a forum moderator. Here: http://awesomescreenshot.com/0b5qpy0c0
Can you PM me admin login details so I can have a quick look?
(2012-12-23, 12:53 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Can you PM me admin login details so I can have a quick look?

Please check your PM.
You've put the user in the Moderators usergroup, but in the settings for that usergroup, you've ticked 'Yes, users of this group are super moderators'; by default this is only ticked for the Super Moderators group and will give users full moderator permissions in all forums if this option is ticked, which is what this user now has.
(2012-12-23, 02:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've put the user in the Moderators usergroup, but in the settings for that usergroup, you've ticked 'Yes, users of this group are super moderators'; by default this is only ticked for the Super Moderators group and will give users full moderator permissions in all forums if this option is ticked, which is what this user now has.

Thank you for your help. Problem solved. Smile