MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove/disable ALL dropdown menus regarding language selection? (I only use one)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title pretty much sums it up. Smile

I will never use any language other than English and I already had people make a "joke" to me about how they were forced to select English when English is the only option on my boards. lol

So... for that reason, how do I just turn that off on the entire site? I already have it disabled for the footer of the main index but I would also like the option removed altogether from places like the user CP, profile options, and the initial registration process.
I'm not sure if this is possible; It's a good idea though. I may develop that as a feature so if there is only one language, the language selector doesn't show up.

Until then, you could install the Pirate language pack: https://github.com/TommM/Pirate-Language-Pack

Arr!
For the UCP you just need to remove the code form the templates. usercp_options find and remove:
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->board_language}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><select name="language"><option value="">{$lang->use_default}</option><option value="0">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>

For the registration page, find remove the following code (usercp_options):
<br />
<fieldset class="trow2">
<legend><strong><label for="language">{$lang->lang_select}</label></strong></legend>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->lang_select_desc}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td><select name="language" id="language"><option value="">{$lang->lang_select_default}</option><option value="">-----------</option>{$langoptions}</select></td>
</tr>
</table>
</fieldset>
Excellent!

Just to clarify, Omar, when you say I should find and replace the code for registration... what do I replace it with? I know on the first code you just said to remove it altogether so I'm curious what you meant about the second code?
I meant to remove it, I was about to tell you to replace it, but there is no need.