MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Upgrade past 1.6.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to my dashboard in my admin, it says I should have 1.6.9 . I followed the link, downloaded the full version recommended, uploaded and replaced the files - removed unlock, and then I get to a page that tells me 1.6.5 is detected as already configured (makes sense, that's what I've got currently) but there is no option to upgrade past it. Only to upgrade to 1.6.5 - which is what I already have.

I used the info from here: http://docs.mybb.com/Upgrading.html

Update, I went ahead and installed the 1.6.5 (I was at 1.5 or something before. I was incorrect) because it was the only option given to me. After doing that it went ahead and did it's thing, but still can't get past 1.6.5. I uploaded 1609 as recommended but no luck. also, noticed.. don't know if its related, but both my site http://spiralinward.com/forum and the forum here, are giving me 404s. Mine is perpetually, I can not get into any category at all, whereas here in MyBb its just every other time I try to go to a page. I need to refresh each time.

?s=forum%252016&search_404=1 is the address coming up when I click on a forum.
Either you've not uploaded the files to the right place or they've not overwritten your current ones, because you should be getting a message on your forum telling you you need to run the upgrade script but it's not there. On the upgrade page though you choose your current version, not the version you're upgrading to, but should still list 1.6.6, 1.6.7 and 1.6.8 in that list too, so if 1.6.5 is the highest version number it lists then you've not got the new files.

The 404 problem will be unrelated but we can't debug that with the board closed. ?s=forum%252016&search_404=1 isn't a URL MyBB is going to send you to anyway.
** successfully updated**
I didn't recall having to add each section from each folder into each folder before. I thought it was an 'upload' of all into the forum section. But all that did was make a deeper level with a new folder .
So, that's done. But it didn't help with my inaccessible forum problem. I will post about that separate topic in a new thread.
Look inside the currently uploaded version of ./inc/class_core.php; line 18 will still be saying 1.6.5 which means you've not got the new files. The version that shows in the Admin CP comes directly from this file, so if the admin says 1.6.5, this file will say 1.6.5 too. I'm not really sure what's too different between those sets of instructions; you just need to upload the contents of the Upload folder so it overwrites your current files. If you PM me FTP login details I can upload the files for you.
I edited as you were posting it would seem. I went through and manually uploaded the contents of each folder to the same folder on the server. I just didnt recall it being such a process before. It's done though.
The process has always been the same, you just need to get your FTP client to look like this:

[attachment=28102]

Then highlight everything on the left and drag it to the right, you don't need to do anything folder by folder.