MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: VPS4Post.com - Looking for Staff Members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
VPS4Post is LOOKING for STAFF Members

Positions Available: Moderators (Only 3 Positions Available)

Description:
Moderators are responsible for moderating The Community Forums, as well as assisting the members.
Moderators will monitor the community and ensure a positive and friendly environment for all. This includes, but is not limited to, distributing warnings and infractions to those who violate forum rules, as well as to regularly and professionally interact with the VPS4Post.

Note:-
  • You must have experience in MyBB!
  • Moderator will need to be very active on the forum, as well as promote the site a lot too.
  • So this Mod will be a Mod/Promoter.
  • Required to moderate the forums and ensure that any rules regarding to posting have been met, to edit posts that require it and to check for spamming.

Please use the following PM structure below

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Country:[/b]
[b]Will you stay active?:[/b]
[b]Hours Available:[/b]
[b]Forum Experience:[/b]
[b]Will you help advertise?:[/b]

Benefits
  • Moderator title
  • You may sticky one topic to advertise the product or website of your choice! ( please contact to admin before advertising any site)
  • Free Shared Hosting (if available)

Thanks guys, and I look forward to working with you folks soon!

Visit : https://www.VPS4Post.com/
Where are you going to get those VPSes?
He gets it from sponsors, just like freevps.us and post2vps.info. He just got 1, but will get more later on.
Well I have sent an application, should be interesting.
Turn off whois privacy, it's suspicious that you want to hide your identity while selling (albeit with posts) a product. Your site is full of weird grammar/spelling oddities ("WelCome"?). It's also a little suspicious that you don't run your site on one of your VPSes. You'd get more "legitimate" applicants if you looked more credible.
I remember a friend saying something about this:

Quote:I'm afraid its not "that simple" to just open a VPS and then sub-virtualise it ... only wish it was.

To offer VPSes you need a dedicated node, and uplinks to that node - looking at around $500/mo for the hardware - then you need to pay for the software (SolusVM or the likes) and that adds around another $100/mo realistically.

So, at the moment, it isn't really possible to "throw away" that money like it is with shared cPanel hosting.

There have been a few people try "free VPSes", and they just only assign minimal RAM/HDD and an IPv6; but they all fail - and its not sustainable, and any host you ask would run a mile before even considering.

As much as I like the idea, the market just isn't ready for free or P2H VPSes yet - but I imagine at some point in the future it will become more possible.
(2012-12-26, 08:01 PM)luis123456 Wrote: [ -> ]He gets it from sponsors, just like freevps.us and post2vps.info. He just got 1, but will get more later on.

Thanks Luis Big Grin

Nevermind in that case.
When you give in VPS for posting. Why cant you give VPS for your moderator. Moderator has to put in lot of effort in forum which attracts lot of spam.

Sticky topic in spammy forum and shared hosting doesn't compensate effort moderator has to put in. If you need dedicated moderator you should consider giving VPS or pay him on hourly/or atleast monthly basis.
(2013-01-02, 04:18 AM)manig Wrote: [ -> ]When you give in VPS for posting. Why cant you give VPS for your moderator. Moderator has to put in lot of effort in forum which attracts lot of spam.

Sticky topic in spammy forum and shared hosting doesn't compensate effort moderator has to put in. If you need dedicated moderator you should consider giving VPS or pay him on hourly/or atleast monthly basis.

You clearly have no idea, so let me explain it to you;

I don't pay my staff on any forum I own. I own a hosting forum too - Host4Post - And if you seriously think that I will pay them, think again.

It is my opinion and also a core belief on every forum I run, and a number I am a member of, that Moderation is done as something you want to do. Getting paid for it may possibly inhibit your impartiality.
I agree with Ben because mod jobs should be and mostly are voluntary jobs. If they are volunteering to moderate your site then there's no need to pay them unless they are looking for a paid job then there are way too many methods on earning money and easier plus quicker than moderating a site.
Pages: 1 2